Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention

Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:45:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Rob Paul wrote:
> Stalingrad?  Debacle?  There was I thinking it was a famous victory...
;-)

How true.

Perl Harbour and the sinking of Repulse and Prince of Wales were great
victorys for the Japanese.  The burning of Washington was a great
victory
for the British.  New Orleans, 1814, was a great victory for the
Americans.
And so on.

One side's debacle is the other side's great victory.

(My historian side demands I say this.	My Canadian side still winces
when I
hear the words Dieppe, especially since my hometown of Windsor is where
the
Essex/Kent Scottish (one of the reg't involved in the raid) was and
still
is home based.)

J.
--
Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"Hear me call across the waves;  If I don't come home tonight,

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention