Prev: Re: FT3? Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:33:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

Allan Goodall wrote:
> What was the ship's name?

I think somebody replied 'HMS Beaver' or something like that, earlier
on.

> And you'd think that if ANYONE had a right to complain about their
ship names
> it would have been the crew of the Flower class destroyers during
WWII. I mean
> Gladiolus (an actual name) sure strikes fear in MY heart, how about
you?

Actually, this brings to mind a Star Trek book, "The Great Starship
Race",
where at one point a discussion (much like this one) erupts over ship
names; at which point one character (McCoy) mentions something about the
SS ButterCookie.

Ahhh, never mind.  (8-)

Actually, in an attempt to bring this back toward FT (8-); has anybody
thought of, or come up with rules to do starship racing using FT rules?

Formula One with Rockets.  Gah.  (8-)

J.

--
Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"Hear me call across the waves;  If I don't come home tonight,

Prev: Re: FT3? Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention