Prev: Win95 Ship Builder is back Next: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

From: "Nathan" <njp@c...>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 23:40:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

I too like this method, and I've been tinkering with some campaign rules
use it.  The biggest problem I've had dealing with it is the actual
playability of it.

Let's say you've got a moderated campaign game with Admiral X and
Admiral Y.
Admiral X attacks Admiral Y's fleet A in an area where he has no FTL
comm
(other than courier ships).  Admiral Y sends a courier for help to fleet
which is several turns away.  How does one keep Admiral Y from taking
actions with fleet B (or other units) that would work to his advantage
in a
situation that fleet B doesn't technically know about yet?

I'm very curious to see how others have tackled this one.

Later,
Nathan