Prev: Alternatives to miniatures Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: "Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 21:50:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

>>-Medium cruiser - Native American tribes, other Seneca, Chippewa,
>>-Cherokee,Sioux, Manetaree, Aztec, Mongol, Zulu, etc)
>>Course, the NAC corvette/lancers are already Native American; have to
=
>look
>>again whether there are other FT conventions you're skirting...
>
>Uh, I didn't think the Mongols or the Zulus were American tribes...

No, you misunderstood (actually as I was re-editing the file a '(' got
dropped which might have led to this confusion). I started to name them
after NA tribes, but as I ran out of names, I turned to other tribal
types
and ancient cultures (thus it *should* read "Native American tribes,
other
(examples here)". Otherwise 'Aztec' wouldn't fit very well, either.

>Don't forget the tribes that are Canadian or on the border such as: =
>Haida,
>Ojibway, Huron, Iroquois, Mohawk, Oneida, etc., etc.

By Native American I mean to include all of North America, not just
the States.  :-)

Mk
-
"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie
Ivanov. I am the Right Hand of Vengeance...and the boot that is going
to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death
incarnate. And the last living thing you are _ever_...going to see.

"God sent me."

				      - Ivanova, "Between the Darkness
						      and the Light"

Prev: Alternatives to miniatures Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)