Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: Re: What, no messages?

Re: favorite painting techniques?

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 11:01:21 +0000
Subject: Re: favorite painting techniques?

> I prefer what I call the hack paint job to get the ships to the front
lines.
> It pretty much involves only dry brushing techniques and requires
little
> time.  I usually base coat with a black primer and then do two layers
of dry
> brushing over that usually with white and off-white(first).  I then
add
> small details as they come to me over the course of using the
miniatures.

I also use an easy paint job. I use Armory black primer. Then I use
Tamiya Color acrylic paint (because of its thickness) in dark colors to
paint "nebula stripes" on it. I have used cobalt blue, French blue, deep
woods green, burgandy, and very dark grey. I use ONE color per ship.
this allows me to differentiate between the ships. It also allows me to
divide my small fleet into multiple fleets to game with miniature
impaired friends. The "nebula stripes" are NOT straight lines, nor are
they parallel to each other (though they rarely tough or cross). They
are closer to zebra stripes. I usually try to paint these on after the
primer is dry to the touch but within an hour of priming them. This
blends the edges of the "nebula stripes". I do NO (or almost none)
detail to the ships. This is very quick and looks good on a black mat or
starfield.

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: Re: What, no messages?