Prev: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?)

Infantry Questions

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 01:51:55 PST
Subject: Infantry Questions

20mm SF Miniatures
20mm seems to be the standard for 20th century wargaming and fits nicely

with abundant and (relatively) cheap 1/72nd scale plastic kits. If I
used 20mm SF miniatures then they could share everything ("Those Swabain

tanks look like Panthers...").
I know 25mm is fairly close to 20mm but it is not quite close enough for

vehicles and buildings to be interchanged so does anyone (British) do
nice 20mm SF miniatures?
In the same vein does JT still do the 15mm figures, because a 20mm tank
looks silly in 25mm but in 15mm it looks like a BIG tank.

I have had some of JT's nice 25m NSL infantry for 2 years now and I am
only now getting round to basing and undercoating them. With the
recommended 25mm (1in) washers they look very nice and more importantly
on magnetic box lining 'stuff' they can happily be rotated through 360°
and stay firmly attached.

While hoaking in the box I found some old Denizen miniatures (very
Aliens) and Grenadier Star Wars Stormtroopers. Both are very nice even
if the stormtroopers only carry SMGs and a GPMG (Sterlings and an
MG39/42/3 - I can't tell them apart)! They should look well with a grey
and black splinter camouflage rather than their official 'Hollywood
Ninja' white.
There were also some oddities, the original GW Space Marine which looks
nothing like the later figures and a lot of early white metal Space
Marines and the first box of plastic Space Marines. I had forgotten
about them. I think there are Space 1889 figures there as well, unless
my brother has pinched them for Cthulhu.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?)