Prev: Re: favorite painting techniques? Next: Re: favorite painting techniques?

Re: favorite painting techniques?

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 19:31:39 -0700
Subject: Re: favorite painting techniques?

>This list has been pretty barren lately (I noticed a tumbleweed
bouncing
>by), thought maybe this would help things pick up.
>   I've been playing FT for about a year and other table top war games
for a
>few years now,but I'm just getting into the miniatures themselves. I've
>gotten a basic working knowledge of painting and preparing the minis
from
>various newsgroups,FAQs,and magazines. What I'd like to know are
specific
>techniques people prefer for the painting of their ships. What kind of
>primer do you use? What color patterns and details seem to work well
for
>you? Do you use decals? Do you kitbash or add other accessories to your
ships?
>   Any other tips for a newbie painter are welcome as well.
>
>-trapper
>PS: Mark Siefert,welcome to the HGML!

For my techniques, see
<http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/miniatures>.
Please ignore the Flying Saucers article. That's how
I *planned* to do my FT fleet, but they ended up very different.
I used wooden buttons and "yo-yo kits", filled the holes
with epoxy putty, added 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm "acrylic cabochons"
and "acrylic round faceted 'gems'" as weapon/sensor modules,
added turret bits from an old SDF-1 model as engine pods,
and painted them a gold-flecked brown.

My armor for DS is primered white (to show up any flaws
I missed in cleanup), basecoated black, "wet-brushed" dark
gray, drybrushed lightly with light gray, then detailed with
bright blue, bright red, gold, and/or light gray.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: favorite painting techniques? Next: Re: favorite painting techniques?