Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)

Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:25:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)

Samuel Reynolds wrote:

> >> Has anyone got the formula for working out vector movement
(preferably
> >> in excel, but I'll take the old pen & paper route)?  The old school
> >> texts I've got haven't helped for this.
> >> If someone can help me out with this, I'll be able to run my EFSB
> >> scenario that I've had in the works. :-)
> >> Just for you Mike, I'll include a Narn Heavy Cruiser (to be shot
at...)

> >I would like this too if someone has it. I just tried working it out
for
> >myself, but have not been successful.

Part of the problem for the vector movement is implementing the
arbitrary order of thrust actions for an EFSB ship.  I could write a
spreadsheet that took input values for the Main drive, port push,
starboard push, reverse push, port rotation, and starboard rotation, but
the order of the actions would have to be dictated to get the correct
position and velocity for the ship.  At first glance, it would appear
to be easier by hand.

Jon

Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)