Prev: Re: Vector Movement (was:I LIVE!!!) Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:17:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc

>While we're on the topic of convertible vehicles for SG2, I saw what
>looked like an excellent model for conversion. It was a German WW2
>railroad car. Not just any car, though, it was armoured with what
>looked like a Pzkw IV turret. Although perhaps a little narrow, this
>thing just SCREAMS to be made into a grav tank. The main body looks
>like they took a railroad car, widened it, and converted it into a
>sloped, armoured box, then popped the turret on top.

Interesting! Just yesterday I was looking through a book on the German
forces during WWII and they had a picture of these things. Apparently
it was the only way for Germany to protect its assets from partisan
attacks while on their way to the Eastern Front. The picture in the book
showed a train with ten or eleven of these things with varying
armaments.
Good thing the beast couldn't leave the tracks!

>I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I think it was one of the bigger
>Japanese model companies. I can track down more information if anyone
>is interested. It was in 1/32 (or, more likely, 1/35) scale and would
>look good with over sized 25mm figures.
>

>Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca
>
>"Once again, the half time score,
> Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
>  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: Re: Vector Movement (was:I LIVE!!!) Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs