Prev: Re: <Off/Long>LEG was Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: Re: Summary: EFSB questions

Re: Alternative SG II APCs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:52:03 +0100
Subject: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

Stuart and Jerry wrote:

> > >Ahh, the S-Tank?  (Where S is some Swedish word that I can't
pronounce,
> > >much less spell.  (8-) )  You're talking about the tank without the
> > >turret; more a self-propelled gun then anything else, with the
'kneeling'
> > >suspension, right?
> > >
> > That's the one !  I've seen some video footage  of it and I saw a
model
kit
> > for it once, it looked really cool.

Ahem. Swizterland and Sweden are two different countries, so calling the
S-tank "Swiss" is completely wrong. 'Course, Mexicans like Stuart
wouldn't
know the difference ;-)

Then Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> Actually, the Swedish S-tank is already very old.  It's been around
since
> the 70's I believe.  Now the Swedes are using Leopard 2's and
> strange-looking up-armored Leopard 2's. (the kind with the *really*
> bulging turret front)

Yes, the S-tank is old. It is still in use, though (together with some
tanks from just after WWII - heavily upgraded, but still); buying
Leopard
2's has been discussed for a long time, but AFAIK very few have been
delivered/built so far.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: <Off/Long>LEG was Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: Re: Summary: EFSB questions