Prev: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: FMA out in semi-final !

Re: Dropships, Aliens etc. etc.

From: Trevor Dow <adspirit@p...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:19:30 +1000
Subject: Re: Dropships, Aliens etc. etc.

If something like an Aliens sentry gun was used in SGII how would it
work in an Overwatch role without upsetting the balance of play?
I thought at first using the reaction rule, but that would mean it could

only fire if an opposing squad used both actions to move in front of it.

I then thought: As the sentry gun is activated as a result of motion
sensors. Its sensor range could be limited because the small size of the

sentry gun mount (limited horizon) to say 3 range bands. Then give the
sensor a very tight search cone of 30 degrees. If a boggy strays at any
time into the area, roll a die for a fire control system check. If the
roll fails it just means the sensors didn't pick up the movement, but if

the roll passes then the weapon fires immediately as normal fire.
Would this work or would it just stuff up the game play balance.
Trevor Dow

Prev: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: FMA out in semi-final !