Prev: Re: Exchange between Nic and KR was: Re: Spice Marines Next: Web Page

Re: Some more EFSB questions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:33:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Some more EFSB questions

Felix asked:

> Another couple of EFSB questions, dealing with fighters.
>
> (1)  We're trying to understand the benefits of fighter screens.  If a
> fighter group engages a ship and is itself engaged by screening
> fighters, do surviving fighters still get to attack the ship in the
> same gameturn?

Yes (p. 73, "4A: Ship Selection", last sentence). (I'm not particularly
fond of this rule, though - I don't think any unit, fighter or ship,
should
be able to fire twice in a single turn.)

> (2)  We're not sure about the order of attacks when a non-screening
> fighter group engages enemy fighters that are engaging a friendly
> ship.  The rules discuss treating independent dogfights like ships
> that can activate, but this only applies to "free" fighters (not
> screening or engaging ships).  The rules also discuss how screening
> fighters engage attacking fighters.  But I don't know when
> non-screening fighters dogfight the fighters engaging a friendly ship.
> Do you treat them just like screening fighters, so the dogfight is
> resolved when the target ship becomes active?

All attacks from both fights in a dogfight are simultaneous; the
attacking
fighters are dogfighting the screening fighters, so their attacks are
resolved at the same time as the screening fighters. (Same rule section
as
above, but the entire last paragraph this time).

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Exchange between Nic and KR was: Re: Spice Marines Next: Web Page