Prev: Re: Painting Omegas for use Next: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

Some more EFSB questions

From: felixh@p... (Felix Hack)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 06:41:30 GMT
Subject: Some more EFSB questions

Another couple of EFSB questions, dealing with fighters.

(1)  We're trying to understand the benefits of fighter screens.  If a
fighter group engages a ship and is itself engaged by screening
fighters, do surviving fighters still get to attack the ship in the
same gameturn?

(2)  We're not sure about the order of attacks when a non-screening
fighter group engages enemy fighters that are engaging a friendly
ship.  The rules discuss treating independent dogfights like ships
that can activate, but this only applies to "free" fighters (not
screening or engaging ships).  The rules also discuss how screening
fighters engage attacking fighters.  But I don't know when
non-screening fighters dogfight the fighters engaging a friendly ship.
Do you treat them just like screening fighters, so the dogfight is
resolved when the target ship becomes active?

Felix Hack	    felixh@netcom.com
PGP Fingerprint:    F5C3 733E BEE2 CC74 7D99  D463 FB03 4084 B1DD 6DA6
---
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and
the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious
deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult" -C.A.R. Hoare

Prev: Re: Painting Omegas for use Next: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials