Prev: RE: Bases for your fleets Next: RE: First EFSB game was great! A few questions

Re: EFSB missiles

From: "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:12:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: EFSB missiles

>>	If you mean the ships that look like Omega sans the rotating
section,
>>then you've got a Nova Class Dreadnought.  If you are talking about
the
>>smaller, boxy, ship seen fighting a bunch of minbari ships druing
>>Londo's narrative of the war, then I believe that was an Olympus Class
>>Corvette.
>
>Thanks, guys. It was the Nova Class Dreadnought that I meant. I don't
>have a model quite big enough to represent it, but I have some old
>Valiant ships that might make a good approximation.

What about the NSL superdreadnought-whose-class-name-I-can't-remember?
I was using it as a substitute Omega, but now that the Omegas are out
(and once I get some put together; thanks for all the posts on doing
*that*!) mine will get reassigned to Nova-class ship substitutions.

>The only question
>is whether a couple of Hyperions and a Nova against a Shaolin would
>make an interesting scenario.

Maybe as an exercise in seeing how many turns the Hyperions and Nova
survive.
I ran a scenario which pitted 1 Sharlin against 3 Vorchans and a Primus.
Wiped the board with them the Sharlin did. Never suffered a threshold
check.
The Primus went up in 1 shot (partially to failed catastrophic damage
rolls).
Now, granted, we all agreed that the Vorchans were vastly underpowered
for
what we've seen them do, but still...

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: RE: Bases for your fleets Next: RE: First EFSB game was great! A few questions