Prev: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship - found 'em! Next: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials

Re: Space Terrain

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:54:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Space Terrain

> I've seen a planet that someone made, using a plastic hemisphere, and
> intend to do the same at some point soon.  Does anyone else do
anything
> neat and different?  I'd like to hear about anything at all.

For a planet, I purchased a CHEAP globe and cut in in half. The one I
fould was about $10us at WallMart. Looks VERY nice. I would like to find
one of the moon, but the ones that I have found are too expensive
($50+).

For misssiles small spinner weights (from your local sporting goods
store, fishing department) make great missiles. Jaws drop when you place
a dozen of them on the board at one time :-)

For a Wave gun, I made a template out of bright blue monocote. People
groan when I reach for it.

For a Nova Cannon shot, you could use:
  Small: Tennis ball
  Medium: Large Nerf Ball
  Large: ???
  No, I didn't make these as I don't use the SMNC (Spending Money Naval
Committee)

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship - found 'em! Next: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials