Prev: Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, Next: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship - found 'em!

Re: Space Terrain

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:36:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Terrain

John Crimmins wrote:

So, I was wondering what other
> people use for "terrain" on their FTII boards.  We use lava rocks as
> asteroids, some of which have been mounted on flight stands--I intend
> replace these with some artificial foam rocks, as the bases will
cheerfully
> snap off of the rock at even the slightest hint of an impact--and
cotton
> pulled out into "nebulas".  These give a -1 to any shots that pass
through
> it.  I've seen a planet that someone made, using a plastic hemisphere,
and
> intend to do the same at some point soon.  Does anyone else do
anything
> neat and different?  I'd like to hear about anything at all.

I've found that the new 'Battle Planets' that are currently in toy
stores (Toys 'R' Us) work just dandy.  There are five or six different
ones, plus 'battle moons' that are somewhat smaller.  Each one also
comes with a number of other miniatures in various scales that I have
found useful.

It sounds like the planets of Ice and Rock would be particularly good
for your purposes.  Some of the wierder ones like the Planet of Bone
(huge, green, organic, with long tentacles) have been serving me in
other capacities.  The Planet of Bone makes a great Lovecraft-style
elder god hovering over a 6mm or 28mm battlefield (differing only in the
level of threat involved). :p

Prev: Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, Next: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship - found 'em!