Prev: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials Next: RE: EFSB missiles and Minbari cruisers

Re: EFSB missiles

From: "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:49:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: EFSB missiles

(I'll try to bring this back on topic...no, really...)

>>On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:51:38 -0500 (EST), "When the long night comes,
>>return to the end of the beginning" <KOCHTE@stsci.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>No Minbari ships (White Stars are excluded) have fired any weapons in

>>=
>>Season 5
>>>thus far. Much less any missiles.
>>
>>Just to stray off topic a little, it's been a rather bland season so
>>far. Looks like JMS fired off most of his ammunition in season 4.
>And for good season. Remember, he had to finish of the Shadow War arc
>because he didn't know if there was going to be a season 5. And Claudia
>Christian taking a walk didn't help things any.

Also, to be fair, while I agree the first half dozen eps have been very
quiet, remember that the first 8 eps of season 2 were pretty much
sleepers
(well, they were for me at the time!), a number of early season 1 eps
were
very low-key, as well as half of the first half of season 3 eps.

>Last weeks' episode (the one about the dead), though, seems to indicate
>he's getting back on track. Or so I've heard (I was so beat from work,
>slept through it. Curses!)

Heh. But JMS didn't write that one.  ;-)

Now, to drag this thing kicking and screaming back on-topic, I was
thinking
that a while back when Scott Field was on the list he ran a PBeM game
which
used a system he called a 'mini-missile'. Basically it was a half-sized
MT
Missile (Mass 1, did 1d6 damage, 2 turns endurance). Would something
like
that be feasible for giving the Minbari missiles, or should it just not
be
worried about and let them be for what it are? I'm up for leaving them
be,
letting them have their little wimpy HBWs (well, 'little wimpy' compared
to,
oh, say, a Vorlon or Shadow HBW :)

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: Sculpting details into hard materials Next: RE: EFSB missiles and Minbari cruisers