Prev: Sculpting details into hard materials Next: Re: EFSB missiles and Minbari cruisers

RE: Space Terrain

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:15:51 -0000
Subject: RE: Space Terrain

On Wednesday, March 18, 1998 4:27 AM, Trevor
[SMTP:adspirit@pipeline.com.au] wrote:
> John Crimmins wrote:
> >
> > Thinking about the game that I will be running this weekend, I've
been
> > giving some thought to the matter of making the board look as
visually
> > appealing as possible.  The problem, of course, is that there is
generally
> > not all that much to see in outer space....  So, I was wondering
what other
> > people use for "terrain" on their FTII boards.

Asteroids - lava rock and acrylic putty soaked foam whicj looks better

Black hole - matt black ping pong ball

Ice Moon - blue washed rubber ball
(one with a smooth marbly white surface for dogs I think)

Explosions - Modelled from Flourescent FIMO

Missles/Torpedos - 6mm BB painted flourescent on a GW flight stand, glob
head pins
work too

Plasma torpedoes - Modelled from Flourescent FIMO (this stuff is ace
under black
light)

Moon (like luna) - acryllic putty soaked foam tennis ball after
cratering with
		   hot soldering iron

Pulsar - flourescent blue ping pong ball

Class M planet - Half a foam football soak in acrylic putty and painted
		 Another Large polystyrene dolls head.

Nebula - Flourescent airbrushed black felt

Space debris - all those really awful micro-machine cut and painted dark
metallic
	       colors, bits of kit bash, bad soldering jobs etc.

Asteroid battle station - Asteroid plus plasticard and kit bash

Space station - half a Cylon mother ship

Planet crusher - A loofa, acrylic putty and paint

Prev: Sculpting details into hard materials Next: Re: EFSB missiles and Minbari cruisers