Prev: Decking pattern in sculpey Next: Re: Space Terrain

Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such,

From: Andy Cowell <cowell@i...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:34:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such,

In message <199803172338.SAA00096@icx.net>, Thomas Barclay writes:
> Andy spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
> > Historically, would another unit take over this spot?  I don't know,
I'm

> In real life, I'd guess your Platoon Sgt would step up to the mike.
> If he was DOA, your senior surviving Sgt. Failing that, your senior
> corporal.

Would these typically be in different squads?

> > Maybe something like this: After loss of a leader unit (Routed or
worse),
> > all units  under that command take a Conf Test at TL 3.  No unit may
>
> How would such a unit react to close assault, IYO?

How about this:
When a command squad for a unit is routed or destroyed, that unit must
make an immediate Confidence Test at TL 3.

When a command squad is routed or destroyed, the units it commanded
are considered leaderless.  Leaderless units are considered to be at
broken morale (if they were not routed) for all purposes until command
is reestablished.  A unit may attempt to move normally without command
being established by passing a reaction test at TL 2; if the reaction
test is failed, the unit may not do anything else that activation.

Leadership may be reestablished by the next unit in command taking a
reorganize action.  Once leadership is reestablished, units under that
command may move normally after passing a normal reaction test.

> Next comment: If you're doing this, use the rules on the unofficial
> SG2 web page for leader replacement. They make good sense.

Yeah, I really like those,
http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/stargrun/rules/leader.html

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@icx.net>
Systems Administrator, Internet Design Group, Inc.

Prev: Decking pattern in sculpey Next: Re: Space Terrain