Prev: Re: EFSB missiles Next: Re: your mail

Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

From: Andy Cowell <cowell@i...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:16:40 -0500
Subject: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

In message <199803162158.NAA17714@mail1.teleport.com>, "Geo-Hex" writes:

> > > Question: what is the effect of the loss of command elements in
SG2?
> > > Not squad leaders, but platoon and company leaders and such?
> >
> > Formally, probably nothing. I'd think it should force a confidence
> > test with some sort of TL for all subunits.
>
> Actually, the loss of the platoon leader usually leads to that side
> pulling back onto the defensive.  We ALWAYS play with platoon leaders

Historically, would another unit take over this spot?  I don't know, I'm
just looking for _something_ to happen, and am wondering what, exactly,
it should be.  I think the morale test for subunits is resonable and
obvious, I'd say at something high like TL 2 or 3.  "OH SH!T!  They got
the LT!  Whadda we do now!?"

Maybe something like this: After loss of a leader unit (Routed or
worse),
all units  under that command take a Conf Test at TL 3.  No unit may
advance, and may only fire when fired upon, until the 2nd in command
takes
a reorganize action to take charge.  Once the new command unit is in
place, commanded units may move normally after passing a normal reaction
test.

Is this reasonable?

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@icx.net>
Systems Administrator, Internet Design Group, Inc.

Prev: Re: EFSB missiles Next: Re: your mail