Prev: RE: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature

Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:57:39 +0000
Subject: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

> Suggestion for your powered INF...make it only 3 valid chits to kill
PA as
> even minor breaches of the siuts will be very dangerous...
>
> Looks good - someone else mentioned PI being a bit easier to kill due
> vacumn, which I agree with - 4 points instead of 5, maybe.

 I just thought that I would add an across the board 1 chit extra draw
for all attacks that hit due to the hostile environment.

> HKPs use fin stabilised sabots which, like the GMS, ill be less
effective
> (treat as 1 range further ?)

I didn't think of HKPs as using fin stabilizationl. But may be worth
looking at.

> DFFGs wont diffuse as much in a thin/non existant atmosphere either
will
> they ?
>
> Don't forget DFFGs - with no atmosphere to attenuate the bolt, they
could
> be deadly - maybe double all ranges and range bands for DFFGs?

Good Idea. I also thought that HEL's should be more powerful for the
same reason.

> One thing to think about - moons are smaller than planets, so the
horizon
> will be closer. If 60" is distance to the horizon on Earth-sized
worlds,
> what would it be on a moon? (Does anyone know the actual distance to
the
> horizon on Luna?)

 I had not thought of that. I will add this to the scenario. I will also
ask if anyone knows the distance to the horizon on the moon.

> Partial Earth gravity is also something to think about - you mentioned
it
> for weapon use, but what about movement? Especially of PI - they could
> probably really cover ground in 1/6 g (Luna's gravity). (But would
they
> want to? Bounding along like a kangaroo on servo-assisted legs is good
for
> covering ground, but in a firefight? Some sort of travel-mode, like in
> Stargrunt, maybe?)

For the defenders I would say yes (they know how to move fast along the
surface). But for the attackers, I would say that if they try to take
advantage of this "fast movement", they would be more vulnerable to
being hit (die shift?) due to bouncing off the surface.
More comments welcome.
--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: RE: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature