Prev: Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

Re: Stargrunt II Question

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:53:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II Question

> >Brian spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> SNIP
> >
> >Half a sec! You're implying almost that surrender is attacker driven.
> >I don't think I agree. I think when the troop decides to head for the
> >hills, and they can't, a set rule like "they should fight" or "they
> >should surrender" is limiting. If you make them test again, to see if
> >they fight like cornered rats or surrender like yellah dawgs is
> >appropriate.  And I don't think you have to ask for another force to
> >surrender. I know if my guys were being totally wiped out and were in
> >an untennable position, I don't think that we'd wait for the
> >attackers to take the initiative in this surrender thing. If we were
> >going to surrender to avoid being killed, it would be on our time
> >frame if they didn't ask.

At least things aren't as difficult to resolve as in the HERO system
(Champions, etc.) where after a typical hero calls on a normal soldier
to surrender, they have to stand there and give up two or three full
actions waiting to see if they will (it takes that long for the normal
to move, you see).

Off topic, I know.  I was just thinking along the lines of ridiculous
surrender rules ;)

Prev: Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi