Prev: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question

DS2 Mechanized Cavalry

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:44:25 +0000
Subject: DS2 Mechanized Cavalry

I was still working with Mechanized Cavalry (motorcycles, gravboards,

etc.) and needed to cost the unit. I considered just costing them as

cavalry, but I wanted movement based on mobility type and thought that

a unit that could move 15 should cost more than one that moves 4.

I propse the following cost formula:

Cost = Normal Infantry cost + (base movement rate x 1.5)

  Militia Infantry of type     Cost	Base Movement

  Infantry			10	 2 (Foot) [cost per DS2]

  Horse 			20	 4 (Cavalry) [cost per DS2]

  Motorcycle			25	10 (High Mobility Wheeled)

  ???				24	 8 (Slow Tracked)

  Snowmobile			28	12 (Fast Tracked)

  GEV Sled			32	15 (Fast GEV)

  Gravboard			32	15 (Grav)

  Line Infantry of type        Cost	Base Movement

  Infantry			20	 2 (Foot) [cost per DS2]

  Horse 			30	 4 (Cavalry) [cost per DS2]

  Motorcycle			35	10 (High Mobility Wheeled)

  ???				34	 8 (Slow Tracked)

  Snowmobile			38	12 (Fast Tracked)

  GEV Sled			42	15 (Fast GEV)

  Gravboard			42	15 (Grav)

Comments are encouraged.

--

Brian Bell

brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry

http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html

Dirtside II Site

http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html

Stargrunt II Site

http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html

Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page

http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question