Prev: Re: Vogon Poetry Transmitter (was: OT: Asteroid...) Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question

Stargrunt II Question

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:27:22 +1000
Subject: Stargrunt II Question

Situation:

We played a game this afternoon and during a close assault we had a
squad in a bunker that had, through failed reaction tests dropped to SH.
Two squads Close Assaulted and the squad within failed the Reaction Test
and were supposed to withdraw and lose one CL. So, the only way out of
the bunker/room was the entrance the CC troops were coming through.

In the ensuing battle the 5 defenders did pretty well. In the first
round of combat they lost 4 defenders to 5 attackers. Both sides passed
Reactin Tests so round two. Strangely enough, we now had one defender
against 9 attackers!!! And the lone defender still took out about
another 6 attackers in this Forlorn Hope defence!!

Questions:

1.    In the instance of second round of Close Combat how does the 1
versus 9 relate??

2.    One of the players suggested that the defenders actually should
have surrendered. Personally I thought that if they had been Routed that
they would perhaps have been forced to surrender, but the Broken troops
are allowed to shoot if shot at and therefore should be able to fight
back. Comments?

All contributions gratefully received.

Owen G

Prev: Re: Vogon Poetry Transmitter (was: OT: Asteroid...) Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question