Prev: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:54:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:

>	  Size 7, armour 7, transport walker mobility, FGP powerplant,
> Dual Superior Fire Control, Superior ECM, 2 HEL/2s in a forward mount
in
> the head whcih gives them a 180 turret, 2 LADs, 2 APSW and cargo space
for
> either 5 fire teams or 3 fire teams and a commmand space.  Usual load
out
> is 3 line fire teams, 1 APSW team and 1 GMS/L team.

To be in line with the movie, the HELs should probably be more
powerful.  Even though they spent most of their time plinking at
infantry, there is the scene where the commander calls for full power to
take out the power generator.  The resulting shot seemed like it was
more in the 4-5 range (for the two weapons together), although the AT-AT
seemed to have to stand still and power everything else down to do it.

Prev: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...