Prev: "I've got a bad feeling about this" ( Was: asteroid in-bound...) Next: Re: Spice Marines

Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 01:56:55 -0800
Subject: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

Hello all:

In a (perhaps futile) attempt to make every 6mm model I have
usable in DSII, I have made up a design for the common
Warlord titan. I have not tried to stick to GWs background
fluff. Instead I have tried to make something that may be
usable ;-). This is just the hull without the four main
weapons.

LEG MODULES (both are identical)

Size 4, armour 5/4, transport walker mobility, FGP powerplant,
4 APSWs (each)

BODY MODULES (right and left)

Size 5, armour 7/6, 2 SUP FIRECON (each side - total of 4)

DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS
   LEGS:       APFCs
   RIGHT BODY: LAD, SUP ECM.
   LEFT BODY:  SUP PDS.

WEAPON CAPACITY: 44.
COST (without primary weapons): 756

NOTES:

"Systems Down Firer" chits drawn by the titan only effect the FIRECON
of the weapon that draws the chit(s). Thus you should make a card
with boxes for each FIRECON to indicate it's system status.

"Systems Down - Target" chits drawn against the titan affects the
entire module being hit. For example, such a chit drawn against the
right body module will knock out the LAD, ECM and two firecons. There
should be a separate "All Systems Down" box for each module. Do not
put a systems down chit in the firecon boxes.

"IMM" damage chits have no effect on the body modules. One immobilized
leg halves movement (4). A damaged leg reduces movement by 25% (to 6).
Two damaged legs halves movement. Two immobilized legs completely
immobilizes the titan. A destroyed leg halves movement and destroys
4 APSWs.

Defensive systems are assumed to protect the entire vehicle.

Random hits are resolved by rolling a D10 and consulting the following
table:

1-2	R.Leg
3-4	L.Leg
5-7	R.Body
8-10	L.Body

Some examples of weapon loadouts:
DFFG/5 "plasma cannon" ; HEL/5 "volcano cannon";
SLAM/5 "MRL"; 2XMDC/3 "gatling blaster"

2 Medium Artillery guns ; 5XHEL/1 "laser blaster" ; MDC/5.

You get the idea...

L8R,

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: "I've got a bad feeling about this" ( Was: asteroid in-bound...) Next: Re: Spice Marines