Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: Kra'Vak

Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:27:52 -0800
Subject: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

Glover, Owen wrote:

> Hi Los,
>
>	  >What exactly do you mean by fixed lines? I'm not tracking
here.

> Sorry, fallen into the trap of one's own countries military
terminology

> "Fixed Line" is the employment of a weapon 'fixed' to fire on a single
> azimuth and elevation, normally used in defense and to cover a
specific
> target such as a section of, or gap in, a  barbed wire
> obstacle/minefield.

Hi guys,
     This is also called 'final defensive line'.  If defending an
area with overlapping lines/fields of fire of the units MGs.
This is the closest line of fire to the defenders line that the MG
can/will adopt during an assault by enemy forces.   This line is
frequently just behind the wire/mine areas.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: Kra'Vak