Prev: RE: Sig? (dangerously close to off topic) Next: Re: [FURTHER OFF TOPIC](was: Anyone astronomical out there?)

Off-topic (Re: Sig?)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:11:26 +0000
Subject: Off-topic (Re: Sig?)

>jfoster@kansas.net asked:
>> At 14:44 3/5/98, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>> >	  <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
>> >	  xxxxx       Improve his shining tail?
>> >  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
>> >o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
>> >By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale
>>
>> I don't know quite how or why, but this oft seen yet ignored sig was
>> running like a broken record through my head ALL DAY LONG! Stop it!
>>
>> And what is a MAERKLIN Wagon, anyway?
>
>    You know that only way to get something like that out of your
>head is to replace it with something else, how about a Beatle's song?
>"She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah." :-)
>
>     Maerkin IIRC is a German model train manufacture, so the wagon is
>a train car.  Also I think that the "little croncodile" is a specific
>type of train engine.	Look at the sig again and you can see an
Electric
>engine pulling a pair of train cars.
>
>Enjoy,
>Tom Granvold			<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Maerklin is one of the oldest surviving German model railway
manufacturers,
and Alan's Sig refers to their Z gauge range, which at 1:220 scale is
the
smallest model gauge on general sale. The "Crocodile" (or Krokodil) is
the
name used for the peculiar German/Swiss electric loco classes with long
articulated engine "bonnets" at both ends - giving them rather the look
of
a double-ended "conventional" truck tractor.

Jon (GZG) - a sometime model railway dabbler myself (not that there is
any
time for it now!)

Prev: RE: Sig? (dangerously close to off topic) Next: Re: [FURTHER OFF TOPIC](was: Anyone astronomical out there?)