Prev: Re: [OFF TOPIC] Anyone astronomical out there? Next: RE: Non Violent Weapons

Re: Casting your own mini

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:50:36 +0000
Subject: Re: Casting your own mini

> >>I've often wondered how to do it and have tons (almost literally) of
> >>fantasy minis for lead.  I don't have the first clue on how to
create a
> >>miniature though, is there a book or kit, can I do this with out
> >>spending a lot of money?
>
> And while we're on the subject, does anyone know any good techniques
for
> casting small items like gun barrels? My specific problem: I've got a
Ral
> Partha Ogre which is missing one main gun barrel and a couple of the
six
> side guns. A friend of mine has been trying but is having horrible
luck
> with air bubbles. Suggestions?

What are you casting - metal or resin ? When casting metal, make sure
you have a large cavity on top of the mould to pour the metal in, this
will also create pressure in the mould when you pour in the metal and
force out the air. Also make sure you dust the inside of the mould
with talc or similar before casting - it lets the air escape and also
gives a better finish to the casting.

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website
    http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

Prev: Re: [OFF TOPIC] Anyone astronomical out there? Next: RE: Non Violent Weapons