Prev: Re: RoboTech Dirtside II Adaption Next: RE: timing of an eastern canadian con

Re: going to try SGII (long)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:05:28 -0500
Subject: Re: going to try SGII (long)

Geo-Hex wrote:
> > I'm tending to agree with you now about the support weapon/small
arms
> > guy, even though I think the powered armor guy does begin to be
> > believable.
>
> I'll give you that one, especially if you want to run a support guy
> as an individual figure.

Oh, great.  Now that I'm about to agree with him, he says he gives it to
me.  :-)  I only want to use one as support for the Marine heavy squad,
but the IG doesn't have powered armor to go along with them, so I was
going to put them in a squad by themselves.  But this is the part I'm
starting to agree with you on, that I don't want to overdo those guys
and have them shooting all over the place.

> Try a sniper sometime, deadly, especially if handled properly.
Yeah, that's one of the things I'm nervous about.  We'll see.  I don't
yet feel a need for snipers, so I won't use 'em until I think they'll
add something specific.

> > I _might_ reduce the Space Marines to full light armor, not powered.
> > But I like the tacticals as light and the termies as heavy, so I'm
not
> > sure.
>
> I like that you had the heavies as slow power armor.	It makes for a
> more interesting force composition.

Actually, they were all slow power armor.  I'm still thinking about
making what were light PA be full-suit light armor, and that's mostly
because I think of them as Star Wars stormtroopers.  But then I'd end up
with termies as light PA, and that doesn't look right.	So I think I'll
leave 'em as is.

Thanks again for comments.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: RoboTech Dirtside II Adaption Next: RE: timing of an eastern canadian con