Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

Re: Some Thoughts on Artillery

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:36:32 +0000
Subject: Re: Some Thoughts on Artillery

At 16:37 09/03/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Paul O'Grady wrote:
>
>SNIP good ideas
>
>So how do you mark RTs? Chits on the table means your opponent avoids
the
>chit like the plauge - rendering your RTs useless...Marks on a map
would
>work, but is more open to abuse...best solution could be RT Chits plus
>twice that number of Dummy RT chits.
>
>RTs are the only way I can think of to attack areas presently out of
>line-of-sight of all of your forces - which is the biggest problem I
have
>with using arty - the enemy staying out of sight, or my forces
reluctant
>to expose themselves to return fire...

SNIP

	I suggest using an X-Y coordinate from an agreed table corner,
with
each player allowed to do his measuring out of sight of his opponent.
Each
player then has to write down his choice of RTs, up to the number
allowed, a
la WRG 1925-50 etc.

	It might be an idea to limit at least lower tech forces to RTs
centred on easily-defined terrain features, while allowing greater
freedom
to higher tech troops.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC