Prev: RoboTech Dirtside II Adaption Next: Re: Casting your own mini

Re: Full Thrust Background

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 22:23:47 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Background

Excerpts from FT: 9-Mar-98 Re: Full Thrust Background by Jim 'Jiji'
Foster@kansas
> >Renegade Legion took a lot of trouble to spell out where everyone was
> >and while I don't necessarily want to go to that level, having some
> >"official" maps or map descriptions would add some nice feel I think.
>
> You might see if you could lay hands on a copy of 2300AD. It had a map
that
> accurately represented the local stellar area,

Keep in mind, that's accurate as of... 1967?  1962?  The first Gliese
star survey, anyway, and several of the star locations have been shown
to be off.  In fact, one star that was "moved" in a later survey broke
the back of one of the Arms... not good, in game terms. ^_-

>and as I recall, the book
> detailed the various 'regions' owned by each national group. Aside
from the
> effects of different technoligies, methinks it would work well with
the FT
> background.

It does detail the regions, but with the 7.7 ly FTL travel limit that
was forced by 2300 AD's system.  (FTL engines in 2300 accumulated a
'charge' as they travelled; if you went too far, charge gets released as
a, ah, sizeable amount of radiation, and humans, electronic circuits,
etc, etc, died.  Bad juju.)  Anyway, the 2300 AD political boundaries
won't make sense for FT, I'd bet, but the starmap is decent otherwise.

> Just curious, Jon, how big of a stellar area does Free Cal-Tex
control?

You mean Low-Cal Tex-Mex? ^_-

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: RoboTech Dirtside II Adaption Next: Re: Casting your own mini