Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: going to try SGII (long)

RE: going to try SGII (long)

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:19:01 +1000
Subject: RE: going to try SGII (long)

> ----------
> From: 	Andy Skinner[SMTP:askinner@avs.com]
> Subject:	Re: going to try SGII (long)
>

	>I have a priority question, though I agree this is usually a
judgement
	>call based on the situation.  If you have two squads near you,
but one
	>nearer than the other and in general more of a threat, what
about after
	>some shooting, and the nearer squad has been suppressed pretty
well (say
	>2 suppression markers).  Can you tell that a squad is
suppressed, so
	>that they don't seem to be such a threat?  I'd think not, and
that you'd
	>keep pounding them.  What do you think?  Can your squad tell
the nearer
	>enemy isn't likely to shoot back soon and go on to someone
else?  Of
	>course, keeping them under suppression is a good thing, too.

Well, another good question. You could ask similarly about a squad that
has dropeed its CL to BROKEN. Obviously can't fire back at you unless
fired at, so can we ignore it? We actually had this situation last
night. Again, playing by the spirit of the rules we determined that our
squad would not be able to tell the difference between a steady CO squad
and a suppressed or BR squad. If the squad was enough of a threat to
attract your fire in the first place and it hasn't moved away from you
then you would be bound to continue engaging it until some other enemy
unit became a greater threat or if perhaps the Pl Leader gave specific
orders to direct fire elsewhere.

Reasonable?

Owen G

Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: going to try SGII (long)