Prev: Re: Sig? Next: RE: LONDON THRUST - Reply

Re: going to try SGII (long)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 07:48:04 -0500
Subject: Re: going to try SGII (long)

Glover, Owen wrote:
> > target
> > that yes you
> > >
> > > Any other thoughts on the officialness of this?
> >
>	  >I _almost_ brought my rules to work today because of this
> thread, but of
>	  >course, I didn't.  My understanding of the rules is that
since
> your wounds
>	  >and kills are allocated randomly, you can double up on an
> individual at
>	  >any time, not only when there are more hits than troops.  I
> also consider
>	  >this to be fairly realistic.
>
> Absolutely. And again the game resolves around the squads actions/fire
> so the firer's unit is putting a quantity of fire into the area that
the
> target squad is occupying. So any body in the target area is just as
> likely to cop rounds.

Yep, turns out this is a lot clearer in the rules than I remembered--it
definitely says that a single figure can take more than one hit because
of the random allocation.  So all the people who wrote saying they play
it as a house rule can keep on doing it.  :-)

thanks,
andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: Sig? Next: RE: LONDON THRUST - Reply