Prev: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

RE: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:31:08 +1000
Subject: RE: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

Well, it seems you are talking a chicken and egg thing here.

Firstly there are not to my knowledge currently many multi barrel
infantry weapons about (but in DS/SG we are looking 200 years on);
anyway I thought much of this discussion was about the comparison of a
single barreled .50 Cal or Dshk type weapon.

Next, a support weapon is not developed to fire three five or 9 round
bursts. The changes in MG fire control are a result of observation and
experience. Anyway, long bursts are still used as required eg in Fixed
Lines. The soldiers who use them adapt to obtain the best performance
from their weapons.

Cheers,

Owen G