Prev: Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support Next: Re: FMA Skirmish game

Re: Solitaire robots for FT

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:15:49 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Solitaire robots for FT

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

Sorry to reply out of sequence, but here goes:

> >	How Big is the average game board?

IMHO, space is, by definition, infinite. Any space game that fails to
reflect this, well, isn't much of a space game.

> >	How fast do people normally move?

Is that "how fast do people normally move" or "how fast would they move
if they cared more about winning than the inconvenience of running out
the backyard to move their ships"?

As for my personal opinion: The game (2nd ed. that is) starts to rapidly

break down after speeds exceed weapon ranges.

> >	How big is the average fleet?
>
> The most common fleet sizes are 5-10 ships or so - 1000-2000 points,
but
> the average gets a bit higher thanks to some, well, big battles (25+
ships
> per side).

5-10 is IMHO the best size. We did all too many megabattles, and the
game
just bogs down too much.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support Next: Re: FMA Skirmish game