Prev: Re: Woops, a little regional there... Next: Re: going to try SGII

Re: going to try SGII

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 16:38:22 -0500
Subject: Re: going to try SGII

Geo-Hex wrote:
> > shoot its support weapon separately in a different action?	I've
seen
> > the rule that says it can shoot the same weapon twice in one
activation.

> Can you quote me chapter and verse on that one??  The rule on page 33
> at the end of General Fire Procedures specifically states that a unit
> (not an individual figure) can perform two fire actions in one
> activation, but it cannot be with the same weapon(s).
Sorry, that was a typo.  I meant "can't".

>  The problem as I
> see it is that SGII is a "squad" level game, but you are looking for
> those individual figure niceties (obscenities if you're talking GW)
> that slow down skirmish games.
I don't know about that.  There is only so much individualization I
could do with Epic scale figures.  :-)	I'm still wondering whether this
can fit into the squad level idea.  The smaller weapon adds fire with
the unit, the support weapon adds support normally.  But I'd be content
with using one per action.

>  As to the question of a given figure
> firing two different weapons as both of its allowable fire actions
> I don't let that happen in my games as it opens up the game to the
> hideous min/maxers who put figures on the table that have a)two or
> more ranged combat weapons ...

But since there is no point system, can't we just balance this kind of
thing out along with the whole scenario?  If I've got a mini that looks
nice and has a weapon on its head and one on its arm (and it definitely
has a powered look, not just a big dude carrying more stuff than is
humany possible), why can't I add it in in place of adding in two
troopers that I could just as easily have added in?  When I lose this
one guy, I'll lose both weapons.

Is there a specific rule saying that this guy can't add firepower and
support to a squad?  Or firepower in one action, support in another,
still keeping the rule about one weapon not being used twice in an
activation?

> you are given to play the game or to achieve objectives.  Which
> brings me around to another point - what is the objective of the
> scenario you intend to play??  -KR

I think a simple encounter battle will be sufficient for my first game.
I'm looking forward to more than that later.

thanks,

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: Woops, a little regional there... Next: Re: going to try SGII