Prev: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report) Next: Re: Full Thrust Background

Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report)

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:50:12 +0000
Subject: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report)

>      I personally feel that you do not give your dice proper
> affection training.	My dice like blue velvet (Crown Royal) bags
> and Stauss waltzes, the "Radesky waltz' is a favorite the night
> prior to a club meeting.   I save the 'Blue Danube' for after the
> game.

And don't forget temprature. My dice don't roll good unless they are
hand
warmed. Anything less than 90 deg. f.  I always have to hold the dice
(cuddle them? I hadn't thought of it that way) for an extended period of
time before they roll correctly.

>Trying to bring this thread back to GZG (8-):	All this argument about
>dice makes me wonder what 'tools' do you bring to a GZG game?	Do
>people have a 'lucky' tape measure or turn gage or set of dice that
>the bring whenever possible?  Do you expect the person hosting the
>game to have most of the supplies you need on hand, or do you bring
>your customized set?

I always bring dice (you can never have too many). What else I bring
will
depend on what I am going to play. I usually bring my FT ships in hopes
of
running a spontainous game. If I know that I am going to be in a
specific
game, I usually bring a rule book or two (these are always in short
supply).

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice (was Re: GZG East Coast Con Report) Next: Re: Full Thrust Background