Prev: RE: DS Rule Clarifications Corrections Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Some DSII questions

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:46:19 -0800
Subject: Some DSII questions

Hi everyone,

Some friends and I had a game of DSII tonight and I have some questions
regarding some of the things that happened:

1. I fired a SLAM/4 at some vehicles. The main target was destroyed.
Two other vehicles were caught in the fire zone. While drawing chits
for the other vehicles, I drew a SYSTEMS DOWN - FIRER chit. Does this
nullify all of the hits? I argued no, since it doesn't make sense that
there should be a greater chance of losing your systems just because
of the spread of a SLAM causes it to hit several targets. Basically the
problem is that the rules don't specify the effect of this chit on
damage
that has already been resolved, even though it was technically from the
same attack. The same question also goes for multiple barrel weapon
systems.

2. This one actually came up in an earlier battle. It seems that a unit
that is either BROKEN or ROUTED would never actually have to retreat
at all, provided you tried to rally them every turn. The rules clearly
state that rallying uses up the units' activation, implying that they
can't move if they fail. This seems wrong to me. Should the rule say
that the movement must be made _before_ they can attempt to rally? Or
should it say that a unit can only attempt to rally after it has
retreated to cover? Or is there another interpretation altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: RE: DS Rule Clarifications Corrections Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report