Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:20:55 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Thomas Barclay wrote:
> True. Good sports pretty much all around. I think I've made a few
> lasting friends here. Maybe next time we'll host one up in Ottawa,
> where all you yankees can come and enjoy the benefits of having a
> dollar worth a dollar and a half and where we have a good games store
> to blow your money at... *grin*

Hell, going to a con where I don't sweat everytime I watch the exchange
rate bounce up and down will be a benefit!  (And it's easier for me
to get to Ottawa then Lancaster.  (8-) )

It was a good Con, and it was really good to put faces to the names
I've seen flying by.  Thanks again to Mark and Jon D. for organizing
things, and thanks to the people who got sucked into the Harrington
playtest.

Memories:
1)  Stuart Murray yelling 'Bollocks!! I don't want to be SHOGUN!'
2)  A damned DSII walker surviving 24 GMS/H missile attacks over 6
turns.
3)  Me drawing a 2 red 0, 2 yellow 0, and 1 green 0 chits in the same
    game on a chit draw.
4)  Indy hitting a ship with Pulse Torps.
5)  Centuari Primus Battlecruiser going FOOMSH from catastrophic damage.
6)  Being knocked out in the first round playing Nuclear War twice.
7)  Qships that turned out to be Qships; except for the wrong side.
8)  The little cafe two blocks from the hotel where I had breakfast on
    the Saturday.
9)  All the nice minatures everywhere.

All of you!  Come next year!  (I may even actually bring models.  (8-) )

Thanks,
J.

--
 *** Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan ***
"Under our current system of courtship, men do most of the date-asking,

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish game Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report