Prev: Re: DirtSide II tables Next: RE: LONDON THRUST

Re: Custom Miniatures

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:35:14 +0000
Subject: Re: Custom Miniatures

> Here is a question: I've seen several figure lines that are out of
> circulation that I'd like to recast since I don't think I'll ever be
> able to buy them again. How well am I likely to be able to reproduce
> a 25mm figure? Is there a point in pursuing this or will so much
> detail be lost that it isn't practical?

You should be able to get a reproduction that's almost
indistinguishable from the original - and also illegal ...

Leaving copyright considerations aside (I'll leave that to your own
conscience) you should be able to get a very high standard of
casting even from a hand mould, as long as you're prepared to accept
that maybe 50% of castings will be unusable (but at least you can
melt them down and use the metal again - you don't get that option
with resin).

Tony Francis

Prev: Re: DirtSide II tables Next: RE: LONDON THRUST