Prev: Re: [off topic] SF Quotes Next: Re: Custom Miniatures

Re: SF Quotes

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 18:04:23 +0000
Subject: Re: SF Quotes

>From Blade Runner (properly incorrectly):

I've seen things you people would never beleive.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've seen c-beams gliter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate.
All these moments lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.

The Doctor, from "Survival":

"There are worlds out there,
"Where the sky is burning.
"Where the sea's asleep,
"And the rivers dream.
"People made of smoke,
"And cities made of song.
"Somewhere there's danger,
"Somewhere there's injustice,
"And somewhere else the tea's getting cold.
"Come on Ace, we've got work to do."

Highly paraphrased, from "The Also People" by Ben Aaronovitch:

"Only another Drone or a Starship could shoot down another Drone."
"Okay, let's do a search of all starships within range. What's the
weapon range of one of your starships?"
"About thirty lightyears."

>From "Excession", by Iain M Banks (I don't have the exact words
available):

"What's that on our sensors?"
"It's an, um, cloud, of starships."
"Cloud?"
"I know it's not a strictly correct military term, but I count
eighty thousand three hundred and twenty two ships. I've told them
that we're surrendering."

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/
Sam.				       ----- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Re: [off topic] SF Quotes Next: Re: Custom Miniatures