Prev: Re: SFB Conversions & SF Quotes Next: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!!

Re: SFB Conversions & SF Quotes

From: alun.thomas@c...
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:15:40 +0000
Subject: Re: SFB Conversions & SF Quotes

Jon Davis <davis@albany.net> wrote:

>>  I have a shed full of SFB stuff i'd like to use.
>"I say we just nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be
sure."
"This installation has a substantial dollar value."
"They can bill me."

----
> I recently had a "mildly heated" discussion with a SFBer.
[...]
> "I've seen a game of Full Thrust.  All you guys do is move
> around and roll dice.  Where's the skill or tactics in that?"
"I've seen a game of SFB. All you guys do is sit around and
argue about the rules. Where's the skill or tactics in that?"

:-)

Seriously, I don't think your friend could learn much about either
game just by "seeing" a game. like a lot of people here, I've played
both games, and there's skill and tactics required for both. I enjoy
FT more than SFB, but I'll play whichever's on offer.

What would your friend have if he'd seen a game of chess ?

Alun.

Prev: Re: SFB Conversions & SF Quotes Next: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!!