Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Lasers vs. StarLite, was Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

SFB Conversions

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:33:28 -0500
Subject: SFB Conversions

Seeing how somebody else already opened this Pandora's Box last week...

Don't even try using a ship construction system to convert SFB ships.
You'll probably need a seperate construction system for each race.
Their ships are that different...

My method is to "translate" SFB SSD's into Full Thrust.  The intent is
to simplify SFB and make it playable.  The following SFB concepts go
away: impulse movement, drone reloads, scatterpacks, wild weasles,
energy allocation.  If people are interested, I will post my
"translation" rules to the mailing list.  However they are not fully
developed.  I have only translated the Hydrans Destroyers (all
varients), and Klingon E4, F5, B10, and B11.  An 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of
paper has room for 10 Hydran destroyers without them being
eyestrainingly small.

IAS

Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Lasers vs. StarLite, was Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers