Prev: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!?

Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!?

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:50:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!?

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Mark A. Siefert. wrote:
>	Well, you learn something new everyday, and sometimes it's just
not
> worth learning it.   This morning I have just learned that Dream Pod 9
> WILL NOT be present at GenCon this year.  Along with Steve Jackson
> Games, Tri-Tac, R. Talosin Games, and others not attending, this
year's
> GenCon may be a) very small, b) the last one.

I dunno Mark, I think that may be a little pessimistic. From what I've
seen, too many game companies make too much money at GenCon to just
abandon it.

Also, too many gamers have made the annual commitment needed to trek to
Milwaukee every year for the past n years, and I bet it would be very
hard
to change things now. If Andon were foolish enough to change venues,
cities, or whatever as a way to cut costs, I think that GenCon would
have to go through a period of "rebuilding" to get attendance back up to
the levels it has seen in the past 5 years.

--
Rick Rutherford
rickr@digex.net

Prev: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!?