Prev: RE: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers

Re: Hunter MMRAV SG2 Conversion to DS2

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:45:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Hunter MMRAV SG2 Conversion to DS2

Tony Francis wrote:

> We have some house rules that basically allow us to ignore some of
> the restrictions along these lines. Because the DS2 points system is
> algorithmic rather than setting fixed points values for given weapon
> systems, it just continues to work even if you go outside its bounds.
> The combat system will also just work (this rule system just gets
> better the deeper you look into it). By lifting some if the minimum /
> maximum size restrictions you can also have previously prohibited
> vehicles such as size 2 and 3 combat walkers (I never understood why
> you couldn't have these in the first place). The beauty of the way
> DS2 works is that you can do this without having to invent any
> special house rules for your new, 'illegal' system -

True enough.  Just like you can simulate offense-heavy genres by varying
the restrictions  on weapon size or genres with 'true' grav vehicles
(the kind that can fly and handle their own orbital insertions) by
removing the armor restrictions on VTOLs.

(Just out of curiousity, has anyone experimented with allowing heavier
armor for aerospace vehicles?)

Prev: RE: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers