Prev: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

Re: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:26:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside

>Hello,
>	I'm currently unsatisfied with the StarGrunt rules regarding
Characters
>and I've been wanting to improve on them.  So I went back and reread
Donald
>Chipman's OutWorlders site and Put these idead together.
[snip]
>	I reccomend that both sides be allowed to expend up to 10% of
their
>total
>points on characters.	This can obviously be shifted around for certain
>scenarios or national characteristics.
>	I would apreciate any feedback.

This seems a bit complicated. I don't play SG, but for DSII the
following
might be
simple, yet flavorful skills for the overall commander (only one skill
per
army):

Inspirational Leader:
	Allows the reroll of one rally test per turn (or game, depending
on
personal
	taste/force size).

Seasoned Tactician:
	Instead of making a combat action, the overall commander my
choose
the next
	unit for activation (including an enemy unit, if desired).

Hard as Nails:
	Commander draws an extra damage chit during close assaults.

You could probably come up with a few more, but I think that most
players would
be willing to try skills like this. They add flavor without really
changing
the
game all that much. Plus the rules are easily integrated with the
"stock" game.

release the napalm...;-)

>Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage