Prev: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside Next: GZG - East Coast Convention - last announcement

Hammer's Slammers

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:52:50 -0500
Subject: Hammer's Slammers

	I've recently been reading David Drake's Hammer's Slammers,
after putting
the task off for far too long (I read his "Northworld" series long ago,
and
absolutely hated it--this managed to put me off Drake for quite a
while),
and I have been toying with the idea of creating the Slammers for DSII.
This, of course, means that I have to find some proper minis....  I've
decided to use the DSII version of the "Slammer" hovertank, both because
it's a nice figure and because it fits the descriptions given in the
stories pretty well.  What I need to find are a good match for the
Slammer's Combat Cars.	They are "seven meters long and three wide at
the
base, the armored sides curving up like a turtle's back to the open
fighting compartment in the rear." (Hammer's Slammers, page 85).  Any
ideas?	The infantry doesn't much concern me--not at this scale.  And
mid-tech troops ought to do.

	As for the paint scheme, it is implied that the Slammer's
vehicles are all
bare metal, covered only by dust and rust.  Easy enough, but does anyone
have any idea what color I could use to represent Iridium armor?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Heroes and Characters in StarGrunt/Dirtside Next: GZG - East Coast Convention - last announcement