Prev: DS2 Infantry Figures Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

Re: Weapon Question

From: Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@a...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:22:45 +0000
Subject: Re: Weapon Question

> Version I
>
> Mass 3 +1/arc, Cost 10 +5/arc, may only be mounted with no more than
two
> arcs.
>
> Damage and range is as per A-Batt.  However, all hits by the HB do
damage
> as if the target had 1 less level of shield (this is total, not per HB
and
> only HB damage is modified in this way).
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Version II
>
> Mass 3 +1/arc, Cost 10 +5/arc, may only be mounted with no more than
two
> arcs.
>
> Damage and range is as per A-Batt.  However, for each point of damage
that
> a ships sustains from a HB(s) each shield must survive a special
> HB-Threshold check.  This check is on a 6+ and is not modified (as
other
> threshold checks are) by previous checks nor does it modify any future
> threshold checks.
>
> I have some balance problems with this one, but they can be worked
out.  It
> is the concept of how each works that I'm most concerned with.

While I have never played Starfleet Battles, and the mechanics don't
match, you may wish to use the following:

Hellbore:
Mass 3 +1 per arc (max 2 arcs)
Cost 10 +5 per arc
Range: As A beam
Special Effect: on a roll of 6 results in a damaged screen generator.

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb

Prev: DS2 Infantry Figures Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles