Prev: A New FT List? Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)

Re: A New FT List?

From: You naked inside your fear <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 08:56:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: A New FT List?

>Tim Jones' webpage at:
>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/
>makes mention of a new (weel unknown to me) FT/GZG mailing list. He has

>the subscription details on the page.
>
>I am not exactly sure what is going on but I think you should be told
>that something is going on.

Nothing untoward is going on. The list in question is one that was
created
on the side to discuss topics that were more relevant to, oh, PBeM game
formats and how to automate things better. As the pioneer of the FT PBeM
games, I was doing everything by hand ;-).  So a handful of players, Tim
among them, decided there were better ways of doing things, like
automating
detection reports, etc, (and they really wished I would have stuck with
some sort of consistent format during my various scenarios ;-)	so part
of the drive was to discuss those topics on that list.

The list was created to pull traffic off the main FTGZG list as for a
while
there was a fair volume of mail on these topics. Said list hasn't seen
much
traffic for some months now though (unless I've been taken off for some
odd
reason). Been very quiet. Folks prolly too busy with other projects (and
haven't had time to run any scenarios lately for them to start berating
me
about consistencies in my detection reports ;-) ;-).

Mk
-
"Well, you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set
fire
to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'Mara. But, it's an
imperfect
world, and we never get exactly what we want. So get used to it."

Prev: A New FT List? Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)